Monday, March 3, 2014

Nothing to EAT!!!!

1. OPEN FRIDGE. NOTHING TO EAT. -  2. Open pantry. Nothing to eat. 3. Lower standards and repeat I can never find anything to eat in my house.  I'll look in the fridge, NOTHING! In the cabinets, NOTHING! On the counter, in the drawers....again, NOTHING!  My husband comes along, looks in the same places and the next thing you know dinner is served.  I'm not talking about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich either, I'm talking a full, hearty, delicious meal.

I am a foodie.  In the sense that I love food, not that I like making it myself.  I would be a great tasting judge, because I'll try most anything (NOT everything....there are some funky things out there that don't look or smell appealing at all).  Up until last summer if I was hungry (and hubby wasn't around to whip something up) I would just drive through a fast food place, order Chinese food, or pizza, or make anything microwavable....OR I would wait for him to get home from work or where ever he's at to make something.  He sometimes would even cook a large meal so I would have enough left over for the next day.

Don't get me wrong I can cook, its just not as good as his cooking and I really, really don't enjoy cooking.  I don't like any part of it.  The prepping, the stirring, seasoning, waiting....UGH!  I cook well enough to survive and my daughter's are still alive, LOL!  They're not starving.  I really wish I did like cooking, but I don't.  My daughter's told me I should sign up for "Worst Cooks in America" on the Food Network (I'm not mad, it is what it is).  They tell me I'm bad enough to go on the show but teachable enough to possibly win the whole thing, LOL!

Here's another problem (on top of me not cooking), I don't want to go to fast food places anymore because they're TOXIC!  It was bad enough knowing they are bad and fatty for you but goodness they're TOXIC also!?!?  The pink stuff in chicken nuggets, the chemical foam in breads, the non-rotting burgers & buns, the added fillers....etc. etc.
The more I learn about what I should be putting in my body & what I shouldn't, the more disgusted I am about all the toxic stuff that's in fast food.  OMG! at this rate I should have lost major weight, lol! I'm not saying I'm fat, but I can afford to lose a few pounds (like 15-20).   I've learned that fast foods in other countries aren't as bad as the fast food here in the USA.  WTH???  Even French Fries!!!Something as basic as french fries! Really?


Wake up America! Why are we killing ourselves slowly by allowing this to continue happening.  Why is it OK for our fast food places to allow these kinds of toxins to get into our food?  We need to take a stance and demand healthier food.  I don't mean buying organic and digging deeper into our pockets to eat healthier...I mean making it right.  It shouldn't be either/or.  It should just be.  If they can do it in other countries why can it be done here in the USA?


Let's add to my (not being a great cook) problem....the stuff that's microwavable and/or easy to make is killing us also.  The number of toxic ingredients in our food is ridiculous. So I now can't buy frozen chicken nuggets, hot pockets, burritos, mac & cheese...etc. etc. This is a great struggle for me because I now really have NOTHING TO EAT!!!! Remember, I don't cook...or rather I'm not a great cook.  UGH!!!!!

Some dangerous ingredients to avoid when shopping for products:

1) High-Fructose Corn Syrup: possible side effects are obesity, insulin resistance, belly fat, heart disease
2) Trans Fats: possible side effects are heart disease, cancer, diabetes
3) Artificial Flavors: possible side effects are allergic and behavioral reactions.  Its also a general term referring to over 100 possible chemical additives.
4) Artificial Colors: possible side effects are allergies, sinus congestion, hyperactivity in children, heighten symptoms of ADD and ADHD
5) Monosodium Glutamate (MSG): possible side effects are chest pain, heart palpitations, headaches
6) Bisphenol-A (BPA): possible side effects are reproductive problems, cancer risk, diabetes, heart disease
7) Benzoate Preservatives (BHT, BHA, TBHQ): used to keep fats in food from going bad.  possible side effects are cancer risk, asthma, hyperactivity

This list doesn't even scratch the surface.  The list of toxic chemicals that are in our foods is astronomical.
I really have to learn to cook so my family can eat healthy.  I need help fast!  Pray for me people.  :


No comments:

Post a Comment