Thursday, March 27, 2014

Coconut Love



Anyone that knows me knows how much I absolutely love coconut.  I love the taste and the smell and that its good for you.  NOW let me add to my love of coconut....its a great healer.  My nose boo-boo (from my previous post) healed up really nice and quick by simply applying organic coconut oil on it.
Here are some health benefits of Coconut Oil:

  • Effective in healing damaged tissues and infections (just proved itself this week on my nose).
  • Prevents wrinkles, dryness and flaking of the skin.
  • Helps in easy digestion
  • Rich in lauric acid that helps maintain blood sugar and cholesterol
  • Strengthens immune system (I can honestly say that I haven't gotten sick even during that whole "stomach bug...it's going around" thing).  Thank God! Now, I don't know if its due to my love of coconut or the vitamins I take daily...either way, I'm not stopping either one.  (I like being "NOT sick").  
  • Reduces protein loss and it nourishes the hair. (I have lots of hair).
  • Treats pancreatitis and Alzheimer's disease. (That's really good to know). 
  • Prevents diseases that affect the liver and kidney.
  • Improves bone health.
  • Improves heart health.

**NO Trans-Fats, Gluten-Free, Non-Toxic


Now let me Bubba Gump you Coconut Style, lol! Mmmmmm! 

  • Coconut Rice
  • Coconut Ginger Chicken Stew
  • Coconut Macaroons
  • Coconut Fudge Pie
  • Coconut Ice Cream
  • Coconut Smoothies
  • Samoas (girl scout cookies)
  • Almond Joy
  • Mounds
  • Coconut Shrimp
  • Lemon Coconut Sorbet
  • Coconut Pancakes
  • Coconut Milk

  • Coconut Ice Fruit Bar
  • Coconut Mojito
  • Pina Colada
  • Coconut Cream Pie
  • Coconut Cookies
  • Coconut Bread
  • Malibu Rum
  • Coconut Butter
  • Coconut Water
  • Coconut Nectar
  • Coconut Sugar
  • Coconut Cream
  • Coconut Shreds
  • Coconut Flour
  • Coconut Oil
  • Just straight up raw coconut (all of it!)......I can go on forever, but I'll spare you my Coco-Loco-ness!



Let's see, I also enjoy my hair shampoo/conditioner to be infused with Coconut.  I love the house to smell like coconut so I get coconut scented candles or I'll make my own using the organic coconut oil.  Yes, I'm a little obsessed with all things Coconut; but the fact that it has so many health benefits makes me HAPPY (insert Pharell's Happy song here).

Another thing Coconut does for me is it keeps wonderful childhood memories fresh in my mind/heart.  As a child I spent many wonderful summers in Puerto Rico, where I would like to say my coconut love began. Aaaaahhhh! The days of true Toxic Free living....in every sense; Farm fresh eggs, freshly picked coffee, milk, beans, chicken, coconuts...etc. etc. Playing outdoors in the fresh air, interacting with all my cousins, laughing, running, talking face to face, no distractions from electronics, walking to the beach,....*aaaahhhhh, good times! I have been truly blessed to have had such an amazing childhood.

Yeah, Good Stuff! <3 ...... Thank you Coconut, for your taste, your smell, the healing and the memories!



2 comments:

  1. Yep, gotta love coconuts!
    Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) very much!
      Have a blessed day!

      Delete