Thursday, March 20, 2014

Good Day gone Bad!

I apologize for being late on my weekly post.  I had a really rough Monday! I can laugh now but trust me I was NOT happy at all on Monday afternoon.

The day started great.  The good Lord woke me up :) I started the day as usual, by getting my little one ready for school and on the school; walking the dog and then getting my big girl to school.  So far the day is good! I head over to the gym, to get my sexy back ;-) lol!  Have to take care of yourself....if you don't nobody will.  So I took an hour Body Pump class that helps tone and strengthen the body.  As I leave, I run into a friend from church and mentions she's going to take the Sh'Bam class, so I joined her (ooooh! look at me taking 2 classes back to back; watch out Summer, I'm getting ready for you)....turns out its very much like Zumba.
Enjoyed it very much and glad I ran into her (by the way, Love my church and the wonderful people in it; spiritual health is just as/if not more important as physical health).


I am going going going! Good stuff.  Day is still on the up and up, and it's only 11:15 am.  I'm feeling GREAT! I head over back to the High School to pick up my daughter, she's a senior and gets our early everyday.  We got home had some lunch, did a load of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, swept and mopped the living room, dining room and kitchen.  I even had energy to wash and blowout my hair (I have wavy/curly hair so blow drying it straight takes a little work and I have to be in the mood).  No problems just yet! Wait for it! UGH! I get on my laptop to get some work done, answer some emails, return some calls, research information I need...etc. etc.  Day is going smoothly.  Catch up on a show with my daughter while we wait for my younger daughter to get home from school.  My little one gets home, I give her a snack and get her started on her homework.

My packages arrive, woo-hoo!  I love getting packages...especially when its stuff for events I'm planning.  Party stuff is fun to order and receive.  I drag the two big boxes into the house but before I open and go through them I have to walk Bruno (our dog).

It was Monday so the garbage & recycle bins are out front from this morning and so I have to roll them back up the driveway.  I have Bruno on the leash, I grab the mail from the mailbox, tuck it under my arm and start rolling one of the bins back up our driveway.  Let me tell you all that Bruno is a beautiful dog and looks/is very intimidating to strangers (love that)...BUT he's afraid of the rolling sound of the stinkin' garbage & recycle bins.  I'm use to him being afraid of this so that's why I decided to roll in one at a time (less rolling sound).  He normally gets really nervous, shakes and walks really slowly next to me.  I wish he would get over it, but I'm use to it and its the routine...whatever! BUT NOOOOOoooooo this time Mr. Bruno decides he's REALLY afraid of the stinkin' bins and BOLTS!!! I mean full on, with all his might BOLTS!!!  Mail goes everywhere, bin drops......and I get yanked and thrown into the MUD!  Let me paint a picture for you.  I'm 5'6" tall about 150 lbs, wearing sneakers, black sweats, black t-shirt and a white 3/4 length coat/jacket (WHITE!!); My dog is a Cane Corso, about 135 lbs & really strong; our driveway and front yard is full of mud (due to all the snow that is still melting).  Bruno stopped, I pulled the leash off my wrist, He ran back into the house and I'm laying flat on my face in MUD!  I get up and am covered, literally, HEAD to TOE in thick MUD!  Ewwwww!

If I were a cartoon I would have had steam coming out of my ears and beeping sounds coming out from my mouth.  I walk into my house (remember just swept & mopped) tracked in a whole lot of mud, entered the bathroom (remember just cleaned that too), took everything off, started to wash myself off (MUD everywhere).  I look in the mirror, after washing it and my forehead and nose are all scratched up...my hands have scratches on them also.  Ouch!  Very painful.  My house now looked like the way my face looked and felt..NOT GOOD!

So I throw all my muddy clothes in the wash, I cleaned the bathroom again and swept and mopped again! I was NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!  Although, oddly enough, my hair stayed fabulous.....no MUD in the hair.  How the heck did that happen?  I don't know but Happy!  For the next two days my neck, shoulders, hands and nose were very sore.  I'm healing quickly, putting organic coconut oil on my boo-boos.

Photo

That was a very unfortunate event but I do Thank God for waking me up every morning, my health, my family and that Bruno stopped after I fell...he could have easily kept running, dragged me and I could have gotten hurt really bad.  So at the end of the day I pretty much want to say that life is Good and Mud may get thrown in your face ;-) (or you fall in it) but don't let one thing ruin your spirit.  Don't let the bumps in the road poison you, derail you from your happy path, from the Toxic-Free You!  Stay happy, stay positive, stay Toxic-Free!



No comments:

Post a Comment