Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Blessed


"All gifts in life come directly from above. Living in the present is the ultimate gift, full of promise and possibility. Allow yourself to be open to life’s greatest moments without taking anything for granted. Seize your opportunities and realize that you are divinely and completely blessed everyday in every moment." (Alex and Ani)


Well, its been two weeks since my last post.  I apologize for not keeping you posted with what's going on.  This post will be all about the blessings in our lives.  First let me say that I am truly blessed....and so are YOU!  The blessings that you may overlook or take for granted; and if you don't think you're blessed then shame on you :-p .  Don't be so toxic and ruin it for yourself.  Not seeing the blessings in your life, only seeing the mishaps is a NO-NO!  Did you know that many of those "mishaps" are blessings in disguise?  What you see as a mishap can possibly be God's way of keeping you from danger or God's way of redirecting your path to where you need to be.  Don't close yourself off to thinking things are going bad because you don't deserve good things or because you feel like that's just how life is.  Open your eyes, your heart, your thoughts, your ears to what's bigger (God).  Don't assume you were just dealt a whack life....it's only whack if you allow it to be that (yeah, yeah I used the word whack...lol!).  

Before anybody sees a rainbow, what had to happen? Rain.  Before anybody sees a beautiful butterfly, what had to happen? Changes.  Before anybody learned to walk, what happened? You fell & got back up.  

For anyone reading this and doesn't think they are blessed.  Here are some blessings I can say you have without me knowing who you are:
1. YOU're breathing and alive! You have been blessed with another day.
2. You can read! Awesome!
3. If you're not reading this, but have someone reading it to you.  You can hear AND you're not alone! (Not that you ever are alone if you believe).
4. You found my blog! Woot-Woot! lol!
Here are some simple everyday things that prove I'm blessed...and you can probably count them as blessings for yourself.  I have a place to call home, I have a loving family, wonderful friends, food, shower, clothes, my health, dreams, goals, freedom, choices, ....etc.  I
can list so many other things but I think you get the gist of where I'm going with this.  How are you blessed?  Let me know.  Please know that you are Blessed & God Loves you (huge blessing right there!).

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Psalm 51:10


1 comment: