Monday, May 19, 2014

TIME

I'm so sleepy as I write this.  You know why? Because I try and do 101 things in a day; things that can wait, things that if time was properly allotted for would turn out better.  Lets take something as simple as laundry.....if I simply did laundry that would be great.  I put laundry in the washing machine, take it out in about an hour, transfer items into dryer, load washer with 2nd load, (read a book & time when to go downstairs), go back into the basement in about 40 minutes to start folding items from dryer, then transfer clothes from washer into dryer and so on and so forth with next load of laundry.  Easy enough right?  NO! I get the first load going properly, but then instead of doing something easy like reading and time it all; I usually say to myself "ok, I have about an hour...I'll answer some client emails....which leads to I need to order business supplies, then pay bills,  then, then, then......THEN its 2 hours later and I'm hungry.  So I start looking for something to eat, remember I don't enjoy cooking or the kitchen for that matter, soooo I search and search until I decide to just get in my car and get something to eat.  I don't like eating alone so I call a friend to meet up with me for a quick bite....2 hours later.  I then head back home and think "I stepped out to eat because there's nothing to eat at home" sooooo I go to the supermarket to pick up a few things....1 hour later.  I'm finally home, walk Bruno, put groceries away...phone rings "talk, talk, talk", kids get home from school, feed them a quick after school snack, get on to homework....etc. etc.  Time to put take a shower and put on PJ's "OMG!!! I have no clean underwear or PJ's....it's all being washed...." OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I now have to rewash the clothes that have been sitting there all day WET and so now everyone goes to sleep and I'm awake finishing up stinkin' laundry into the weeee hours of the night because that's how long it takes to wash 3 loads of laundry. LOL!
OK, it's not like that everyday or even every time I start to do laundry but you get where I'm going with this, right?
Time management!!!! Here I thought I was going to get into the whole sleep thing or the lack thereof.  Sleep isn't the problem.  Sleep is good and getting enough of it is great.  Function better, think clearer, nicer :-) and the lack of sleep can be toxic to you/to anybody.  No sleep can lead to serious mood swings, accidents, fatigue, lack of concentration and disorder.  But not sleeping isn't really the problem, the real problem here is TIME MANAGEMENT!  ........BRB! (laundry).

I'm Back!!!! LOL! 4 days later!!!! Seriously!!!

Since the laundry, went to the gym, did some networking (squeezed in a meeting at the gym right after my workout), picked up my daughter (this is a daily thing), I painted a couple of little faces for a dance recital, I made a lasagna because we had marriage group over on Friday (always a wonderful time and they loved my Lasagna...by the way it's 1 of maybe 3 dishes I actually cook pretty good), sewed my daughter's recital costume for picture day, then biz work (party party), then helped my buddy move (into a gorgeous new house...God Bless her and her hubby), went to a wake and payed my respect to close friends who lost their lovely mother (such a beautiful, blessed and loving family), then spent some time with my grandmother (love her to pieces and value my time with her.  She's 84 years young.), and now here I am finishing up this post.  I'm Glad to say though that in the mist of all the running around I always found time to pray.  I managed to put time aside for God.

What I've come to realize is that in MY life as long as I start my day with God...as long as I manage my time to put him first then all else pretty much falls into place.  So I can take my nap (lol!) in the middle of the day should I get tired and time allows (you know it's not interfering with anything else or affecting anybody).  I don't usually take mid-afternoon naps but I'm comfortable enough to not feel guilty about it if I do.  So my life is a little wacky, a little less organized then the next person....so what?  Funny, I started out thinking I needed better time management but after this weekend I've come to see that I manage my time pretty good....and I owe it all to God for giving me peace as I start each day.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;-) lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment