Tuesday, February 18, 2014

This Year I WILL......


Toxic Free YOU (Mind, Body, Soul)...starts from within
Yesterday (Feb. 17th) was my birthday; I was happy and sad at the same time. Happy for all the love I got from friends, family and "friends" from all the social networks.  But sad because I didn't get to spend it with MY family.....I truly do appreciate the people in my life old and new & I WILL continue to count my blessings for having them in my life.

Today I would like to address "WILL" the will to do things, the "WILL" to want and go out and get it. I want certain things in life but my problem is accepting help.  I need to "get out of my own way" and realize that just "Willing" something does NOT make it just happen.  I need to realize that doing things by myself isn't the way to go.  I do it to myself so often, I don't accept help and end up hitting obstacles that I just can't do solo but instead of reaching out for help I turn around and give up or tire myself out trying to do something that obviously is impossible to do alone.  I need to learn to receive blessings, accept, enjoy and embrace those blessings.

Ever feel like giving is just so much easier? 
I don't believe I'm alone on this (at least I hope I'm not alone).
I like helping and giving to others.  I really love the feeling of making someone else happy.  I don't have much to offer but when I can & I see that my contribution helped bring joy, comfort, a moment of ease to someone it makes me so happy! I'm content with a simple Thank you or a hug...that's all (I'm a hugger).  Or sometimes if its done anonymously, a smile & thanking God, is awesome!  I don't expect anything in return, I would actually feel funny taking something afterward.  So I'm trying to train myself to accept help from others believing that they too do it because they can & it feels right; with no strings attached.  I don't normally accept help because I always have, in the back of my mind, the thought "how am I going to repay them".  So I walk around life not accepting help, not accepting blessings that God is throwing my way.  I pray for answers and ways to get certain things done and when it shows up I say "I'm good, thank you".  I really need to realize that just as God uses me to help others, God uses others to help me.

I'm like the man in this joke (not my joke, I personally don't know who's joke it is):

There was a flood coming and a car came and asked this man if he needed a ride to a safe place. He said, " No, God will send my help." It rained some more 'till it was up to his porch, a small boat came by and they asked, "would you like a ride to a safer place?" The man answered, "No, my God will send help." The rain kept coming by this time the man was up on his roof. A helicopter came by and asked do you need some help? The man answered again, "No, my God will send my help." 

The rain kept coming, the man drowned, died and went to heaven, when he got there he asked God, "Father, why didn't you send me help?" God replied, "I sent you a car, a boat and a helicopter!

Goodness, such a shame....this is me, once again being toxic to myself.  LOL! No More! I WILL open my eyes, put my pride aside and accept help from others.  How dare I not allow people to feel joy for helping me out (lol)...the nerve of me.


This morning as I read my Bible App (YouVersion); Bible Plan "The Legacy Journey"....it said:
1) *Dr. Billy Graham once said, "God gives us two hands: one to receive with and one to give with." On The Legacy Journey, both hands need to stay open.
2) "We are blessed to bless others, too."

It's a beautiful cycle.  Paying it forward so to speak.  

So with that said 
I WILL embrace the blessings that come my way.  
I WILL continue to help those around me
I WILL continue to Thank God for all I am & all I have
I WILL open the door when opportunity knocks
I WILL blow the dust off my dreams & breath new life into them
I WILL have hope
I WILL not be toxic to myself or others
AND I WILL keep you all posted along my journey
I WILL, I WILL
I WILL .....

What WILL you do?



*****
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future."



2 comments:

  1. Well said… I enjoyed this very much! I have always believed that accepting change can only prove to yourself that your heart and mind has grown…making changes has shown that you trust yourself enough to continue to grow… Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading & leaving your kind words for me. Love you bunches!

      Delete